Learn Who We Are
New Testament Church of God is a body of believers impacting lives through Christ-centred mission and ministry.
The NTCG believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The NTCG has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.
1. In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
2. In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
3. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
5. That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
6. In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
7. Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
8. In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
9. In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
11. Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
12. In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
13. In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
14. In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
The mission of the Church is to restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ. The Church pursues its mission as it prays and worship, proclaims the gospel and promotes Justice, Peace and Love. It is the Church where everybody is somebody and Jesus is Lord.
New Testament Church of God was founded in England in 1953.
Today the Church has over 130 branches and missions in most of the major cities of England and Wales, representing the diversity of cultures in the UK.
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because He anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are oppressed, to proclaim the favourable year of the Lord.”Luke 4:18, 19.
What We Do
The Church continues to support and provide a range of activities including: senior citizens club, youth ministry, prison chaplaincy, leadership training and development and more. Preaching the Gospel of Jesus, evangelising the nations and making disciples of Jesus is the core of our ministry and we are firmly committed to remain true to our Pentecostal heritage.